VMS/ULTRIX CONNECT

Jarmo Vaisanen vaisanen at joyds2.joensuu.fi
Fri Sep 7 00:13:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep5.202710.5544 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, tundra at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (John Kemp) writes:

> We're trying to install UCX (VMS/Ultrix connection) software on
> our MicroVAX and have encountered two minor problems that
> someone else may have beaten already:

> 2) I don't see how you add a default gateway to the routing
>    tables.  Is there a way to do that?  If not, I will have
>    to issue a "SET ROUTE" command for every network in existence.

This is even decumented in version 1.2 - We got software before
documentation, so
I had to look it up in Netnews.

$ SET ROUTE /ADDRESS=0.0 /GATEWAY=DEFGATE /NETWORK

where DEFGATE must be already defined host.
(Although I remember that I used /ADDRESS=0.0.0.0 - those two must be
equivalent)

Yours,

	Jarmo Vaisanen
	University of Joensuu, Computer Centre