rz57 partition (more coherent?)

archerb at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu archerb at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Fri Apr 26 14:42:29 AEST 1991

  I sent the previous posting off just before I left after spending the day on
the upgrade from RISC UWS 4.0 to 4.1.  I just ran chpt -q on the disk and can
see rz0h there.  It shows as starting after rz0g ends.  But I still can't mount
it.  In my need to get the system back on line, and due to my carelessness, I
forgot to fsck the disk after the installation.  Could that be what is causing
the problem?  I guess I don't need to worry about /usr, but I *would* like to
use that nice disk space on rz0h...

   The only other weird thing is that I now have two disk expansion cabinets on
the SCSI bus, and the second one contains the 4.0 system.  But I can't boot off
of it.  The manual indicates that >>>boot -f rz(0,1,0)vmunix should do the
trick, but no go.  (The reason I wanted to do that was I munged the /etc/fstab
file - gee *that* was fun. ;-)).

Barry
archerb at gawain.umkc.edu     ! Ultrix
archerb at vax1.umkc.edu       ! VMS