4.1 sixel Print Screen is flaky - *2sixel converter?

Richard Vinci rpvinci at leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue Apr 16 11:08:21 AEST 1991

We have a new LJ250 color printer that handles only sixel graphics.  I had
planned to use the Ultrix 4.1 Print Screen utility to grab images (converted
with pbm or something similar) but the utility is flaky.  Complex or large
images will cause me to be logged off.  Small, simple images are marred by
small vertical lines.

I am looking for either 1) a patch to the Print Screen utility or 2) a
utility to convert a common graphics format (GIF, PostScript, PPM) to sixel
for printing.  Can anyone help me out?

We are running Ultrix 4.1 on DECstation 5000's and 3100's if that is important.

Thanks.

--
Rick Vinci                  Department of Materials Science and Engineering
rpvinci at portia.stanford.edu    Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305