FP signals fubar under Ultrix 4.1

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Fri Apr 12 06:12:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr11.163618.6626 at news.iastate.edu> john at iastate.edu (Hascall John Paul) writes:
>The following program attempts various "undefined" mathematical operations
>and attempts to catch the resulting signal.  I compile with:
>
>    cc -O0 bug.c -o bug -lm
>
>(and answer the prompt with, say, 512);
>and I get the following results:
>
>    Ultrix 3.1D (Rev. 54)      SIGFPE (8)
>    Ultrix 4.1  (Rev. 40)      SIGFPE (8)
>    Ultrix 4.1  (Rev. 55)      SIGILL (4)

There's a patch available from DEC to fix problems with incorrect signals
on floating point exceptions.  From what I've heard, you need it to run
the new DEC Fortran also.  I don't have a patch number - it came on a
tape of patches we got from DEC in February.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias at uci