Problems with SLIP on Ultrix 4.0

Larry Dunkelman larryd at bnrmtl.bnr.ca
Thu Apr 4 07:05:34 AEST 1991

I have slip running between a 5820 and 3100 running Ultrix 4.0. It has
been working fine until today.  All of a sudden, I started to get
the following :

/etc/ping eden
sendto: no buffer space available
ping: wrote eden 64 chars, ret=-1
.
.
.

ftp, telnet all give the same results.  What buffer space is it referring
to ?  What does one do at this point?  I posted a question a few days
ago about restarting 'slip' but I didn't get any replies.  It seems that
after a failure with slip, the only way to get things going again is to
reboot both machines.  This is quite painful when one of the machines is
being used by hoards of people.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Larry
larryd!bnrmtl at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu