Problems compiling ftpd, syslogd under 4.1

Jeffrey Kays jkays at ag.msc.edu
Wed Apr 3 08:53:20 AEST 1991

I am having problems compiling the more current versions of ftpd and
syslogd on a DECstation 5000 running Ultrix 4.1. I picked up the
tar files from gatekeeper. After untarring those files, I found
I needed a couple of other files (sys/syslog.h, msgbuf.h), but I
seem to still be missing a couple. When I try to compile syslogd,
it complains about not knowing h_errno, h_nerr, and h_errlist.
I'm missing ftpd_popen, ftpd_pclose,  getusershell, and endusershell
from ftpd. Anybody know exactly which files I need? Thanks much!!

  jeff

Jeff Kays				E-Mail: jkays at msc.edu
Minnesota Supercomputer Center		 Phone: (612) 626-1824
Minneapolis, Minnesota			   Fax: (612) 624-6550

		"May fortune favor the foolish"