Ultrix 3.1 on DS5000?

Spenser Aden spenser at sugar.hackercorp.com
Fri Feb 22 00:52:23 AEST 1991

We've just started the procurement process to buy a DS5000.  It should deliver
with the latest/greatest OS, but it's now possible that we may need to run
OS version 3.1 for a while (I won't go into why, just take it at face value).

Soooo ... does the DS5000 have a version 3.1 RISC OS?  I've heard rumors that it
doesn't, and that I might have to get a DS3100 if I want a 3.1 OS.  That, I
don't want to do.  I have a VS3100 that I could use for this application, but
again I don't want to do that.  In the end, it'll be a DS5000, so I'd rather
not change in the middle of development (read:  I'd rather change the OS than
the hardware, for various reasons).

Please e-mail responses to the Internet address below.  Should enough interest
be expressed, I'll post a summary.  Thanks for the info.

-Spenser

--
S. Spenser Aden       (713) 483-2028  |"Flame throwers, go stick your heads
NASA - Johnson Space Center, Houston  | in a blast furnace." - Markus Wandel