gcc vs. cc

Morten Hastrup morten at modulex.dk
Thu Feb 14 21:12:17 AEST 1991

mattf at cac.washington.edu (Matthew Freedman) writes:

>Does anybody have any opinions about whether or not it is worthwhile to
>use gcc instead of the standard Ultrix 4.0 cc compiler?  In particular
>I am developing X/Motif applications, if that has any relevance.

First of all, you writes notthing about your system (VAX or RISC ?).

On the destribution tape to X there is a configuration file to "Imake".
In this file MIT writes that if you system is VAX: Better get gcc!!

Besides this we have tryed out gcc on our RISC yesterday, and it worked
very well - It detected on rather nasty error wich was by-passed by
ULTRIX cc ?!

Morten

A/S MODULEX		| Phone: +45 44 53 30 11
Lyskaer 15		| Fax:   +45 44 53 30 74