UUCP over terminal server

Ian! D. Allen [CGL] idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:51:07 AEST 1991

>Does anyone know if it is possible to utilize UUCP through a modem
>attached to a terminal server over LAT?

We do it for rates <= 2400 bps.  Our Telebit modems work okay through a
DS200 for interactive work at the high speeds (192Kbps) provided you
don't print too much to the screen at once, but we've not gotten UUCP
to work at the fast speeds.  We're running a DS200 into a DS5400
running Ultrix 3.1C.  When we upgrade to Ultrix 4.1 I'll try again,
but rumour has it this just won't work:

| Article 5555 of comp.unix.ultrix:
| From: sweh at tharr.UUCP (Stephen Harris)
| Subject: Re: uucp Dialout via decserver?
|
| In article <jeff.8251 at wisdom.UUCP> jeff at wisdom.UUCP (Jeff Ross) writes:
| >this weekend, I attempted to get our uucp host to call out via a modem
| >(telebit T2500) connected to a decserver 200.  I have been able to
| >accept calls in with no problems.  however, getting calls to go out seems
| >to be a little problem.
| >
| >any suggestions??? did I miss something simple??
|
| When I asked Dec UK about this they said something like 'get an extra serial
| card.  LAT wasn't designed for the high throughput UUCP can give'.

Or maybe I'll just give up and put a serial card in the 5400.
-IAN! (Ian! D. Allen) idallen at watcgl.uwaterloo.ca idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu
 [129.97.128.64]  Computer Graphics Lab/University of Waterloo/Ontario/Canada