Slow VT1200?

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Wed Feb 13 03:21:59 AEST 1991

Hi,

When I start an X-based application with its display to a VT1200, it
takes between 30 and 60 seconds for the application to get a
connection. I think this is extremely long.

After the first window has been created, applications behave normally
(though a bit slower than on a workstation as can be expected).

It this normal behaviour?

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv at mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv