Help with routed and bind

Mike Ewan mike at raven.uss.tek.com
Wed Feb 13 14:45:52 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb12.131943.1 at lub001.lamar.edu> booth at lub001.lamar.edu writes:
>I am trying to setup our new Ultrix DECstation 5100 on our TCP/IP network.
>I have got all the local stuff working, however, I get "Network Unavailable"
>when trying to get off my net to internet. We are using a Cisco router. I have
>/etc/routed running. I can define /etc/route to specific Internet net names
>and they work.

Add the following to /etc/rc.local right after routed:

/etc/route -f add default cisco-ip-address 1

and everything should work correctly.  Also comment out the routed
entry in /etc/rc.local.

Mike

--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike at raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!uunet!raven.uss.tek.com!mike