help with dump command...

leuthold at atmo2.atmo.arizona.edu leuthold at atmo2.atmo.arizona.edu
Wed Feb 13 09:25:25 AEST 1991

I get the following error message when using the dump command...

#dump 0unf /dev/rmt0h /usr
 DUMP: SIGSEGV() ABORTING!
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

The error is a segmentation violation.   I have been doing dumps for the last
few months with no problems.  I get the same error trying to dump to a tlz04,
tk50, or a file.  I don't have any problem with the restore.  I tried to
restore the dump command off of tape and that didn't help.  I have also
upgraded to Ultrix 4.1 and the error is still here.   I have run the memory
self test too and that didn't report any memory errors.  Any ideas?  I'm out of
them!  Thanks.
Mike Leuthold
Atmospheric Sciences
University of Arizona