Ultrix sendmail.cf vs. "Normal" sendmail.cf ???

David Collier-Brown davecb at yunexus.YorkU.CA
Thu Feb 14 07:17:02 AEST 1991

tjb at mozz.unh.edu (Thomas J. Baker) writes:

| Has anyone addressed the fact that when sending mail from an ultrix
| machine to an address of the form uucphost!user at etherhost, the address
| is parsed wrong, or at least different, then from other machines?
| Basically what happens is it gets parsed with the ! and @ being of eqal
| precedence.  Other machines defer the ! and treat uucphost!user as the
| user mailing to etherhost.

  I've seen the same problem on ultrix 4.0, but did not see it with
equivalent (ie, identical save for comments) Ultrix 3.x sendmail.cf's... I
now get error Host <bozotron.uucp> not connected to caliban.ariel.yorku.ca
via uucp...

  I have 44 machines with working mail, but the next release fixes that (:-))

--dave
--
David Collier-Brown,  | davecb at Nexus.YorkU.CA | lethe!dave
72 Abitibi Ave.,      |