LJIIID w/HP PS cart. on a DECstation 2100

Steven Parkes steven at uicadd.csl.uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 9 05:50:45 AEST 1991

|> 1) 19200 BAUD : doesn't work at all.

I've since been told that 19.2 doesn't work on DECstations and went back and
found that our other printer is indeed running at 9600.

The concensus seems to be that the DECstation doesn't respond to XOFF
quickly enough and thus overflows the LJ's buffer.  This is going to be
damn hard to fix, I'm afraid.

In looking through the tty driver documentation, the ULTRIX version talks about
an AUTOFLOW mode in the local mode word.  Supposedly, it does flow control
in hardware and therefore could be expected to respond to XOFF immediately.  I
tried modifying  the printcap to:

	:br#9600:rw:fc#0000336:fs#0000041:xc#0:xs#0041040:

but it didn't seem to help.  Does anyone know if the hardware suport for this
exists in DECstations or is only on VAXes, etc.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

steven