Ultrix 4.1 still has the mv/rename symlink bug?

Jay Vassos-Libove libove at libove.det.dec.com
Fri Feb 1 06:42:18 AEST 1991

Oops. Well, I should have called that feature a "feature" - I have gone
and found a nice reproduceable way for a non-privileged user to crash
an ultrix v4.1 system using an extension of this mv/symlink bug... and
I have submitted a Quality Assurance Report on the problem.

Jay Vassos-Libove                  libove at libove.det.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation      decwrl!libove.det.dec.com!libove
Detroit ACT/Ultrix Resource Center Opinions? They're mine, mine, all mine!
Farmington Hills, Michigan         and D.E.C. Can't have 'em!