mwm doesn't like DECwindows icon bitmaps?

Philip A. Naecker pan at prowest.propress.com
Sat Feb 23 00:59:25 AEST 1991

I got OSF/Motif 1.0.3 for a DECstation 5000 from the folks at ICS.  When I start
DECwindows applications, mwm complains about the icon bitmap being invalid and
substitutes a default (uninteresting) bitmap for the icon.

Is there a way to convert bitmaps from whatever DECwindows uses to the format
that mwm will like?  Alternately, does someone have bitmaps that they can send
to me, perhaps from the DEC-delivered Motif kit?

Thanks for any help.

Philip A. Naecker                Consulting Software Engineer
Internet: pan at propress.com       1010 East Union Street, Suite 101
          uunet!prowest!pan      Pasadena, CA  91106-1756
Voice:    +1 818 577 4820        FAX: +1 818 577 0073

Also:     Technology Editor, DEC Professional Magazine
          VAX Professional Magazine Review Board Member