presto

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Fri Feb 8 15:45:15 AEST 1991

In article <1895 at riscy.enet.dec.com>, frank at croton.enet.dec.com (Frank Wortner) writes:
> In article <AJT.91Feb6151243 at bilbo.bhpmrl.oz.au>, ajt at bilbo.bhpmrl.oz.au
> (Andrew Telford) writes:
>
> I'm assuming that you have the appropriate hardware:  a DECsystem 5500
> or the 5100 and its optional PrestoServe board.  If you don't have either
> of these systems, then you can't use PrestoServe, since it consists of
> *both* software and non-volatile memory hardware.

  [ after waiting 2 years for the obvious uVAX II -> uVAX III upgrade and
    other mythical related products, I know that this falls in the category
    of "dumb question", but what the hey ]:

    Are all of us who squandered our companies' capital budgets on
    DEC {23}100s, DEC 5400s, DEC 58n0s, and DEC 5000s going to be left
    out in the cold on this product ?

    greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny
    pavlov at stewart.fstrf.org

     [ yes, I know: the uVAX upgrade eventually appeared .... ]