Ultrix CD-rom distribution.

Heath Roberts barefoot at hobbes.ncsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 18:05:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb08.090831.15321 at kub.nl> mvw at kub.nl (Maarten van Wijk) writes:

>Is the Ultrix software for DECstations already available on CD-rom
>on a regular basis, like VMS. If not, when will it be available in the
>U.S.A. and Europe?

>****--*--* Maarten van Wijk --- Tilburg University --- The Netherlands -+

Sure is.... At least Ultrix 4.1 and all the subsets, including UWS. Just
loaded it on a 5000 last weekend. Much nicer than TK50's. There are a
couple of patches on tape, one for tape support (kind of ironic....) and
one for PHIGS.

The only problem I noticed was in trying to set up DMS (diskless
services) from CD--the program expects a tape drive to be present.
--

Heath Roberts
NCSU Computer and Technologies Theme Program
barefoot at catt.ncsu.edu