Ultrix diskless client weirdness

Jaye Mathisen osyjm at caesar.cs.montana.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:35:37 AEST 1991

I have a VS2000 booted diskless off of a DS5000/200.  I've had to go through
and change IP addresses on these machines, and now the VS won't boot.  The
error is:

mountrpc: pmap_kgetport returned error 1
nfs_mountrpc: Cannot get port for mount device
Followed by a panic/registers, etc.

However, other machines can mount the DS disks fine, YP works fine, and
dms shows that the VS IP address has indeed been changed.  The dlparams
file has the correct stuff in it, as near as I can tell...  Where else
should I be looking?  I can always re-install the client, but that's
a pain.
--
 Jaye Mathisen,sysmgr 410 Roberts Hall,Dept. of Computer Science
 Montana State University,Bozeman MT 59717         PHONE: (406) 994-{4780,3931}