prestoserve on DS5000

Paul A Vixie vixie at decwrl.dec.com
Fri Feb 1 04:20:36 AEST 1991

>> If _you_ want presto for _your_ 5000s,  I am told that the most
>> effective way to have it become a product is to ask your salesperson
>> for it.

Well, that doesn't work internally.  I yell directly at the product
managers, since I have no salescritter.  However, back in the days
when I was an external customer, I found that there was an even more
effective way to get new features than to bug salespeople for them:
I told them that I was going to buy N systems from a competitor,
because and *only* because they had the feature, and DEC didn't.

I'm not saying that this will work for you, but it used to work for me.

Cheers,
--
Paul Vixie
DEC Western Research Lab	<vixie at wrl.dec.com>