How to add lines to kernel configuration file and to rebuild the kernel

jian at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu jian at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Wed Feb 13 10:08:25 AEST 1991

Hi,
    I am not familiar with UNIX administration but I want to generate a
pseudo packet filter device driver on Ultrix 4.1 (DEC 2100). Somebody
points me that I need to add following two lines on the kernel configuration
file:

        options     PACKETFILTER
        psedo-device packetfilter

I don't know what is the name of the kernel configuration file and where it
locates, /sys/config or /sys/config/mips? I also don't know what is the
procedure to modify the kernel configuration file and to rebuild the
kernel based on the modifications. I would appreciate someone can point
me how to do that. Thanks in advance.

Jian Q. Li
Network Programmer
Computer Center