Ultrix/X

Brian Glendenning bglenden at colobus.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 3 10:30:49 AEST 1991

I recently got a Decstation 3100 put on my desk (Ultrix 4.0).
I have some questions about using it with X11.

1. I'm told it is an X11R3 server that uses the X11R4 protocol - true?
2. I tried compiling twm from X11R3. It apparently compiled fine, but my
   keystrokes never got to the application (but the border
   highlighting did follow the pointer). What have I done wrong?
3. If I want to bring up X11R4 from MIT so I can compile and run nice
   applications not shipped with the DS.
   a) Can I use the R4 server, and is it fast?
   b) Can I use the DEC server with R4 clients?
   c) Any useful hints for the mechanics of doing this type of mixing.

Thanks!

Brian

--
       Brian Glendenning - National Radio Astronomy Observatory
bglenden at nrao.edu          bglenden at nrao.bitnet          (804) 296-0286