Sendmail and V4.1

Dj Merrill DEEJ at MAINE.BITNET
Sat Jan 5 04:59:39 AEST 1991

I have recently upgraded from 3.1 to ultirx 4.0 on Decstation 3100s.
I do have a slight weirdness with mail (although it may not be from the
upgrade - I only recently assumed responsibility of these machines).
When I do a 'reply' from a mail file that comes from a foreign (meaning
not one of the other 3100s we have), mail puts the word 'on' in front
of the reply address in the To line:
Ex.
To: on BLANES at MECAN1.maine.edu

The 'on' does not appear anywhere in the original mail header that I can
tell.  Consequently, the mailer tries to send a copy of the mail to
a userid 'on', which of course does not exist.
I may have munged something up when upgrading, but I can't figure out
why it does this.
All seems fine if replying to a mail file from one of the other Decstations
on our network.

|         Dj Merrill           |
| Systems and Network Manager  |
|  University of Maine NCGIA   |