ultrix 4.0 dbx

Frank Wortner frank at croton.enet.dec.com
Fri Jan 18 08:10:27 AEST 1991

>  Hell, the old dbx was too. Hasn't DEC noticed yet that "help" in dbx
> fails silently (gee, what great help you have there), for example?

Works just fine for me.  The script output below is from my DECstation
3100 running
ULTRIX 4.0 software.

						Frank

Script started on Thu Jan 17 16:03:51 1991
$ dbx
enter object file name (default is `a.out'):
dbx version 2.0
Type 'help' for help.
reading symbolic information ...
main:   8  setpwent();
(dbx) help

MOST USED COMMANDS

quit[!]                        - quit dbx
run arg1 arg2 ... < f1 >& f2   - begin execution of the program
stop at <line>                 - suspend execution at the line
[n] cont <signal>              - continue with signal
return                         - continue until the current procedure returns
print <exp> ...                - print the value of the expressions
printf "string", exp, ...      - print expressions using format string(C)
where [n]                      - print currently active procedures
(stack trace)
status                         - print trace/stop/record's in effect
func <proc>                    - move to activation level of <proc>
memory items
file <file>                    - change current file to file
sh <shell command>             - perform shell command

HISTORY, ALIAS, and INPUT/OUTPUT REDIRECTION

quit[!]                        - quit dbx
--More--(8%)