Ultrix 4.0 C2 Compliant Printing or what???

Barry Margolin barmar at think.com
Fri Jan 18 07:41:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991 at raybed2.msd.ray.com> mwm at raybed2.msd.ray.com (mwm) writes:
>   Hope someone can help me out there.  We're converting to Ultrix 4.x and
>I need to know how DEC gets C2 compliance (DIS security rating) for running
>on a secure system with no apparent modifications for printing classified
>output.

Has Ultrix 4.x actually been rated?

In any case, the C2 security rating doesn't require distinguishing between
security levels.  Mandatory security levels are introduced in the B
ratings.  If I remember correctly (it has been several years since the
Multics B2 project that I was involved with), the main features of the C
ratings are discretionary access control, protection of security
information, and auditing.
--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar at think.com