SunOS vs. Ultrix comparison

Mike McNally mcnally at wsl.dec.com
Fri Jan 25 09:20:11 AEST 1991

In article <518 at decvax.decvax.dec.com.UUCP>, evans at decvax.DEC.COM (Marc Evans) writes:
|> The majority of the 386 unix vendors provide shared libraries. Most of the
|> programs that I have purchased for my 386 box make use of these.

While it's true that System VR3 includes static shared libraries, my experience
has been that only the system utilities actually use them.  Of many products
my former employer had, including WordPerfect, Q-Calc, 20/20, Informix, and
Oracle, *none* used the shared libc.a.

Things might be different with newer R4 systems.

--
* "In the Spirit as my automatics,  *                              Mike McNally
* Lystra and Zelda were one third   *                                    Coolie
*              --- D. S. Ashwander  *                       mcnally at wsl.dec.com