SCSI to DECSystem 5400

Paul A Vixie vixie at decwrl.dec.com
Tue Jan 29 16:04:05 AEST 1991

Richard,

>>	- "PrestoServe" synchronous file system accelerator
>>	  *dramatically* speeds up write access to any synchronous
>>	  mounted file system, notably including NFS server disks.

I keep meaning to ask Chet about this.  Do you know if the DEC PrestoServe
product allows asynchronous writes to local filesystems' inode and directory
blocks?  For Decwrl, that would be a big win since it creates and deletes a
lot of files per second.

I'm posting this to Usenet since I think the answer would be generally
interesting.

Cheers,
--
Paul Vixie