Xcfb growing and growing and grow....

Andrew Tridgell tridge at aerodec.anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 24 01:20:28 AEST 1991

Does anyone know why Xcfb would grow? Whenever anyone is logged on to
the console of our DS3100 I've noticed that Xcfb grows - and doesn't
shrink when they exit. It grew to 21M (in the SZ column of ps aux) at
one stage so I kept getting an out of core message and had to reboot!
After one day (and 2 console sessions) it has reached 7.6M and I don't
relish having to reboot every few days.

We are running Ultrix 4, have 16M of memory and a 600M disk (if that's
relevant). Recently we have started using the mwm motif window manager -
could that be doing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

---
Andrew Tridgell