man program wanted

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Fri Jan 11 03:50:21 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of bglenden at colobus.cv.nrao.edu (Brian Glendenning):

:Does anyone have the source (c/shell/perl/whatever) for a "man"
:program that understands MANPATH and PAGER? To my surprise, man on my
:new (to me) DS3100 (Ultrix 4.0) doesn't understand these. Thanks!

I tried this a week ago, but my follow-upper was busted.

I posted a deluxe version of man in perl a few days ago to alt.sources
and comp.lang.perl;  if you don't get these groups, mail me.
I believe it has all the features of all other man program,
plus a whole bunch more.   Check it out.

--tom
--
"Hey, did you hear Stallman has replaced /vmunix with /vmunix.el?  Now
 he can finally have the whole O/S built-in to his editor like he