Dynamic loading in Ultrix (ld -A)

Eugene Bogaart bogaart at lager.serc.nl
Thu Jan 17 07:26:40 AEST 1991

Hi Netlanders,

 I have a question about dynamic loading in Ultrix. !  I have tried to
load dynamically functions which are in libc.a, such as gethostent !
The loader then complains about:

 >ld:
 /lib/libc.a(gethostent.o): object not compiled with -G 0 will not work linking with -A

Does anybody know if DEC fixed this in any of the 4.x release of
Ultrix. Or in other words: are there versions of libc.a which can be
used with dynamic loading or even tools which covert libc.a to a
version which can be use with dynamic loading.

Eugene

--

Name:     Eugene Bogaart | Software Engineering Research Centre
Email:   bogaart at serc.nl | Lange Viestraat 365  3511 BK Utrecht