sources for 5000 memory

C. Thewalt thewalt at canuck.ce.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 29 11:03:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan28.223143.1867 at roundup.crhc.uiuc.edu> steven at uicadd.csl.uiuc.edu (Steven Parkes) writes:
   I'm in the process of purchasing more memory for our 5000.  I already have
   calls into DataRam, Standard Memories, and Camintonn.  If there are any
   other sources, I'd apprciate hearing about them.  Also, it seems that the
   simms for the 5000 are unique (i.e. not generic / can't be bought from the
   people who sell jelly-bean simms) -- can anyone confirm or deny this?

Yes they are unique.  Standard quoted me $695 for 8 MB, pretty
respectable I'd say.  Clearpoint wanted $1095, both had 24hr/lifetime
replacement guarantee.

I also heard hints that the next evolution of the 5000 line was going
back to the 3100 style simm, I hope it's not true...

Chris

--
Christopher Robin Thewalt               These opinions are not necessarily
thewalt at ce.berkeley.edu                 shared by my employer...