libg++ for Ultrix 4.1/RISC?

Calsyn Martin Robert martin at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 31 08:17:24 AEST 1991

We recently obtained gcc-osf-1.9.2.14 and g++-1.37.2 from
foobar.colorado.edu.  These are the versions for mips and they compiled
relatively trouble-free and seem to work fine.  However, libg++-1.37.0
(obtained from mit ftp distribution point) is quite unhappy with the
Ultrix header files.  It first fails on file.h (claiming trouble wil
f_lk and flock ...).  I have run fixincludes from gcc, but the file.h
being used is /usr/include/sys/file.h

Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem?  Do I have the correct
libg++?  Our user community is clammoring for g++ but libg++ is half the
package.  Any and all pointers appreciated - I'll summarize the solution
to comp.unix.ultrix.

Thanks

Martin R. Calsyn                                   martin at iastate.edu
Project Vincent Systems Support                    gg.mrc at isumvs.bitnet
Iowa State University Computation Center           voice: (515) 294-9889
Ames, Iowa 50011                                   fax:   (515) 294-1717