prestoserve on DS5000

Mark Sausville saus at bijou.media.mit.edu
Thu Jan 31 15:50:04 AEST 1991

I saw some numbers on prestoserve for DEC NFS servers at Usenix.
It works really nice, _but_ it's only available on the 5100 and
the 5500.  I have 5000s and really want presto for them.  I'd
sure feel real good about a vendor who would inject some new life
into the machines I already bought from them rather than insisting
that I buy new ones.

If _you_ want presto for _your_ 5000s,  I am told that the most
effective way to have it become a product is to ask your salesperson
for it.  Then ask again.  Be a pest.  If we all speak up we may see
a product which will do us some good.

				M.

Mark Sausville                           MIT Media Laboratory
617-253-0325                             Room E15-473c
Fax: 617-258-6264                        20 Ames Street
saus at media-lab.media.mit.edu             Cambridge, MA 02139