Trouble with cc/f77

Rice Don D fnddr at acad3.alaska.edu
Thu Jan 24 11:10:55 AEST 1991

A couple of cc/f77 problems have turned up (Ultrix 4.0/DS5000/Fortran 2.1).  The
first:
  > cc -c some.c
  libmld: Internal: st_pdn_idn: idn (268584352) less than 0 or greater than
  max (94)
Here some.c is a numerical routine said to have run just fine in Vax C.  It
isn't my routine, but I don't see anything obviously wrong with it.  Any idea
what this curious error message signifies?

Second, when trying to combine a main program written in C with a subroutine
written in Fortran, the Fortran built-in functions aren't found:
  > cc -o prog main.c fortsub.o -lF77 -lU77 -lI77 -lm
  ld:
  Undefined:
  sinf
  cosf
  sqrtf
I can't find anything in the Fortran manual that explains this.  I poked
around in the libraries looking for the *f symbols but didn't find them.
The above command came from the Fortran manual, but I've found enough
mistakes in the manual that I wouldn't be surprised if something is missing
here, too.

Thanks,
Don Rice                                  Internet: ddr at flux.gi.alaska.edu
Geophysical Institute                     E-mail:   fnddr at alaska.bitnet
University of Alaska                      Phone:    (907) 474-7569
Fairbanks, AK 99775                       Loran:    64.86N 212.16E