Interface hardware addresses on Ultrix 4.x

Jerry Toporek jt at mentat.COM
Mon Mar 25 17:20:37 AEST 1991

Our implementation of Streams for Ultrix 4.x includes a driver shim which
provides an interface between DLPI and the BSD-style network interfaces.
It works fine, except for one small flaw which I haven't been able to
resolve.

The driver needs to find the hardware address associated with a particular
interface.  I have looked at ifp->if_addr and found only sa_family == AF_INET
and all zeros in sa_data.  In ifp->if_addrlist, there is a single entry for
AF_INET, with the expected IP address supplied.  I don't see anywhere else
to look.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

jt

--
jt at mentat.com                          < @ @ >          Mentat Inc.