2 questions: setld format, and vmunix vs. genvmunix

Pat J. Pinchera pjp at sloth.mlb.semi.harris.com
Tue Mar 5 06:25:51 AEST 1991

newsgroups: comp.dcom.modems,comp.sys.dec,comp.unix.ultrix
Subject: dialer entry (/etc/acucap) for Practical Peripherals 2400 SA
Sender:  Patrick J. Pinchera

I'm trying to setup a Practical Peripherals 2400 SA modem on a
DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1. In trying to dial out using the
'tip' command, the modem dials, and connects, but the 'tip' program
does not wait and responds with 'connect failed'. I've been modifying
a copy of the Hayes-V entry on the /etc/acucap file.

Does anyone have a valid /etc/acucap for this (or very similar) modem?
It may be appropriate to include the /etc/ttys entry for the port (I'm using
ttyd0).
Please respond e-mail as well. I fell like I'm reinventing something
that others have already accomplished. Thanks in advance.

Patrick Pinchera
Interface & Control Systems, Inc.
Melbourne, FL