Manpath? - summary of email responses

Doug Dunlop dunlop at wateol.UWaterloo.CA
Fri Mar 22 08:12:23 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar21.115708.29778 at lth.se> magnus%thep.lu.se at Urd.lth.se (Magnus
Olsson) writes:
>I've received quite a lot of mail about this question. I'm sorry that I
>don't have the time to answer each reply individually, so here is a
>collective thank you.
>

>Many people wrote and suggested that I set the environment variable
>MANPATH. Unfortunately, this Ultrix man doesn't support this.

Here goes for a simple fix, a script that calls man:

man $1
man -P /usr/local/man $1

Thats it! It looks first in the standard /usr/man and then in the local
man-page area /usr/local/man.

Regards,
Doug Dunlop              E-mail: dunlop at wateol.UWaterloo.CA
Earth Observations Lab / ISTS, University of Waterloo