big SCSI == LOST_DATA????

Christer Olsson co at etek.chalmers.se
Tue Mar 19 01:21:20 AEST 1991

In article <575 at adpplz.UUCP> martin at adpplz.UUCP (Martin Golding) writes:
>In <1991Mar13.153825.22240 at banana.fedex.com> bill at banana.fedex.com (bill daniels) writes:
>

>Partitioning would do you no good, unless the controller itself can
>split a physical drive into two logical units. The limit is in the
>command that passes across the SCSI bus, and can't be corrected within
>the DEC OS.

Do you know any controllers solving the problem and let's use very
large drives? I'm planning to buy a CMD CQD-220/TM for our Vaxstation
for using with a Fujitsu 2266 or Wren VII. The Fujitsu is 29 K larger
than Wren VII (formated capacity with 512K blocks) and is just over 1
Gbyte but the Wren is few K under the magical 1Gbyte level...

--
Christer Olsson      I MedNet               I Phone: day:   +46+31-853760
Kaggeledsgatan 11    I Medicinaregatan 7b   I        night: +46+31-843740
S-416 74  Gothenburg I S-400 33  Gothenburg I Email: co at adagio.fy.chalmers.se
          Sweden     I           Sweden     I SUNET: MEDNT2::C_OLSSON