sendmail config

Vic Rice vlr at litwin.com
Sat Mar 2 08:34:53 AEST 1991

My company has just setup a new DECStation 5000. We need this machine to
forward all mail to uunet for processing. This forwarding is going thru
an intermediate machine, dynsim1. My feable attempt at configuring
sendmail results in "Unknown HOST" for any mail sent to the outside world.
The returned mail complains about "dynsim1.tcplocal" being the unknown
host. Where is the "tcplocal" coming from. I have an entry "dynsim1" in
my L.sys file. I am expecting the mailer to call dynsim1 for all mail
delivery to addresses it doesn't know about. (dynsim1 is a uucp link by
the way)

Basically, what needs to be done to the stock sendmail.cf to get the mailer
to forward unknown addressed mail to another host via a uucp link ??