Problems running xedit (X11R4) on a DS5000/200 ...

greg at math15.math.umbc.edu greg at math15.math.umbc.edu
Fri Mar 1 07:01:43 AEST 1991

	Hello,

	I was wondering if this sounded familiar to anyone.

	I have some DecStation 5000 model 200, with the PBX option installed.
(the low-3D option card).  The machine is running all X11R4 clients, except
for the xserver (/usr/bin/Xtm).  This includes xdm, and friends as well.

	The problem is that when you invoke xedit, the window apeaers, and
you can edit your files, but the text cursor fails to appear.  The
cursor is supposed to be a carrot, and in fact, you can very faintly see the
cursor blinking if you hold down the left mouse button.  I think part of
the problem might be that the server is still R3 (I believe) and the client
is R4, but I'm not sure.  Has anyone seen this problem before ????

	I would appreciate any response, thanks allot,
	greg
Greg Sylvain			UUCP: 			...!{uunet}!umbc3!greg
Academic Computing Services	Internaet (arpa): 	greg at umbc3.umbc.edu
Systems Programmer		BITNET:		 	GREGS at UMBC