ofiles for Ultrix 4.0 Risc

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Fri Mar 8 16:57:47 AEST 1991

In article <1964 at riscy.enet.dec.com> frank at croton.nyo.dec.com (Frank Wortner) writes:
> Try the one in pub/dec/ofiles.tar.Z on gatekeeper.dec.com.

Note that this one *does* work on RISC Ultrix, at least 3.1C,
although the documentation hasn't been updated to indicate
any changes.  Looks like thanks are due to Jeff Mogul again.

BTW, remember that ofiles doesn't tell you which files are
open, just gives the i-numbers* and process id's of what's
open on a given filesystem.  Luckily, this enough for most
purposes like finding out who's got a file open on my news
partition so I can't get it unmounted...

(*) i-number to filename involves directory scanning to find
    matching numbers.  Painful, but see {dcheck,ncheck} -i.
but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com