Shared Printers

Les Carleton la_carle at sol.brispoly.ac.uk
Fri May 24 21:14:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991May23.030216.7900 at decuac.dec.com> avolio at decuac.dec.com (Frederick M. Avolio) writes:

   The original question was "other than using DECservers".  The answer is
   that there is no support for ULTRIX to print to printers on a VMS system
   nor the other way around via DEC standard products.

   Fred

Not True, I have seen this done but it is a hack. Under UCX you can
write a (forgive the ultrixism vmsy-types) daemon to wake up on calls
to the lpd socket and transfer the job into the VMS queues. Please
don't write to me asking how this is done exactly 'cos I ain't got the
UCX knowledge to tell you. JB are you out there?

...Les...
"Ultrix like you've never seen"