Editor with DecWindows

Dave Sill de5 at ornl.gov
Fri May 3 22:33:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991May2.150153.18386 at cm.cf.ac.uk>, robert at computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Robert Evans) writes:
>I don't want to start any religious wars, but what editor do you use
>with DecWindows?

(DECwindows?  Yuck.  Get Motif or TWM.)

>How well does the X version of GNU emacs work under DecWindows?  Can
>you cut, paste & position with the mouse in that?

DECwindows is X.  GNU Emacs works fine under DECwindows, Motif,
OpenLook, TWM, you name it.  Mouse cut/paste/position is no problem.
There's even a version of GNU Emacs called Epoch that's especially
suited for X, using multiple windows and providing easy selection of
fonts, colors, and cursors.

--
Dave Sill (de5 at ornl.gov)	  It will be a great day when our schools have
Martin Marietta Energy Systems    all the money they need and the Air Force