Problem with decstation hanging during dump

Valerie Caro valerie at cs.umass.edu
Sat May 4 07:24:43 AEST 1991

  I am having a problem with a DECstation 5000 running Ultrix 4.1,
  with 2 RZ56 disks on it. Everytime I try to do a full dump of
  one of the disk partitions, the machine hangs near the end of
  the dump. The message on the screen is :

  ASC REGS: c=0, t=1 SR 91 (INTP TC DATA IN) ISR 10 (BS) SSR 84 ASCCMD 12
  sc_ascdmacount = 0, ffr = f, prevpha = 6

  cpu 0 panic: asc_restartdma: dmacount = 0

  locks held by cpu 0

  print locks held by non-active processes
  proc 801ea980, pid 162 holds the following locks:

  lock= 801d57bc, pc=8003ed64
  lock= 801e60c4, pc=800a60bc

  done

  Can anyone help me interpret this message. I do not get any errors
  in the error log to indicate what is happening.

  Please send any replies to valerie at cs.umass.edu

  Thank You
  Valerie Caro
  valerie at cs.umass.edu