nfsd 4, why, and how to tune...

Mark Garrett mark at loki.une.oz.au
Mon May 27 20:17:18 AEST 1991

grr at cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins):
> In article <RUSTY.91May24113908 at groan.Berkeley.EDU> rusty at groan.Berkeley.EDU (Rusty Wright) writes:
>   filesystem brings the server to it's knees, with the NFS deamons sharing
>   ~100% of the CPU time amongst themselves...  Ouch.  This happens often
>   enough to be a recognizable syndrome and prompts a witch hunt to find
>   which client is up to mischief ]
I've only got ultrix to play with, and it was only last weekend that I gave
NFS its first run ,exporting src from a VAX3500 to a DecSystem5400 , to find
that the 3500 got a real kick in the response time with very little
NFS effort. I was not impressed, believing this to be normal behavior for NFS
I'm glad to hear its Ultrix (sort of). Has Ultrix 4.2 fixed this, would
BSD source for NFS have the same problems ?
--
Mark Garrett	Internet:  mark at loki.une.edu.au	Phone: 	+61 (066) 20 3859
   University of NewEngland, Northern Rivers, Lismore NSW Australia.