FOLLLOWUP TO: X11R4 on DEC 5000 Ultrix 4.x

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gynko.circ.upenn.edu
Mon May 13 23:42:31 AEST 1991

>In article <1991May8.235652.2246 at crl.dec.com>, jg at crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys) writes:
> The biggest reason for vendors to convert to R4 servers are two things:
> 1) better memory utilization
> 2) higher performance, particularly for windowing operations.

I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that correct handling
of ICCCM for R4 clients necessitates using an R4 server -- at least,
the problems I seem to be having with things like drag-and-drop
seem to be related to mishandling of ICCCM.  (I'm running DEC's R3
server on a DS5000/PXG with MIT X11R4 clients and XView 2.0-built
applications.)

---Rsk
--
---Rsk