/usr/new/lib/mh/slocal crashes

Steven Winikoff smw at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue May 14 05:36:03 AEST 1991

In <WINDLEY.91May13114131 at panther.ted.cs.uidaho.edu> windley at ted.cs.uidaho.edu (Phillip J. Windley) writes:

>I am using a DS5000/200PX running Ultrix 4.1.  When I execute the MH
>program /usr/new/lib/mh/slocal, I get a core dump.  Am I doing something
>stupid, or is this a known bug?  Is there a workaround?

I don't *think* you're doing anything stupid.  At least, I find that the same
thing happens when I try it.  The only workaround I've found is to ignore
slocal altogether.  Instead, the pipe capability of .forward can be used for
the same purpose.

If this is a bug, I certainly hope it will be fixed in 4.2!

- Steven

Steven Winikoff                                 smw at alcor.concordia.ca
Software Analyst
Dept. of Computing services
Concordia University                            voice: (514) 848-7619
Montreal, Quebec, Canada                               (10:00-18:00 EST)