Editor with DecWindows

Doug Mohney sysmgr at KING.ENG.UMD.EDU
Sat May 4 03:54:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991May2.151251 at wsl.dec.com>, gringort at wsl.dec.com (Joel Gringorten) writes:
>In article <1991May2.150153.18386 at cm.cf.ac.uk>, robert at computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Robert Evans) writes:
>|> I don't want to start any religious wars, but what editor do you use
>|> with DecWindows?
>
>|> I've been looking at DecStations with a view to purchase and can't find
>|> a window-based editor.  Our local DEC sales people tell me they use
>|> "vi" in a dxterm window if they're using an Ultrix workstation.

[most stuff cut]

Uh, this might be a really dumb question and open me up to flames, but...

Why doesn't the Ultrix group port (if such a thing could be done) EVE to
Ultrix and bundle it in with the Ultrix release? I know I can go third-party,
but...geepers... for we VMS maggots who have to walk into the ULTRIX world, it
would be a great help (instead of using vi, or GNU-pig-EMACS)....

     Signature envy: quality of some people to put 24+ lines in their .sigs
  -- >                  SYSMGR at CADLAB.ENG.UMD.EDU                        < --