DAT tape lengths

Booker Bense benseb at grumpy.sdsc.edu
Sat May 18 02:56:25 AEST 1991

In article <1991May17.061139.5673 at objy.com> bruce at opus.objy.com (Bruce Reed) writes:
>I've used both standard audio and data DATs, though never DEC's. The
>audio tapes are marked in minutes and come in 60, 90, and 120 minute
>varieties. I've only seen the data version sold in 60 meter lengths.
>A 120 minute audio DAT is equivalent to the 60 meter data DAT.

[stuff deleted ]

- Well, we have a Trimarchi(?) DAT drive and I am unable to get it to
store more than about 375~ Megabytes using either DEC 60m or Maxell
60m DAT tapes and both the ultrix and gnu tar. If some kind soul
could send me a note on how to check the capacity of the DAT drive I
would appreciate it.

- Booker C. Bense
prefered: benseb at grumpy.sdsc.edu	"I think it's GOOD that everyone
NeXT Mail: benseb at next.sdsc.edu 	   becomes food " - Hobbes