Help: Compiling CAP6.0 (EtherTalk) on DS3100, Ultrix4.1

Dave Dittrich dittrich at milton.u.washington.edu
Thu May 9 01:40:08 AEST 1991

I am trying to compile CAP60 (which I picked up from munnari.oz.au) on
a DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1.  I am compiling CAP to use Ethertalk
rather than IPTalk.  Looking into my problems a little bit I notice some
things.

First, it looks as is my system does not have all of the RPC distribution.
Specifically, there is no /lib/librpc.lib and no rpcgen!

I would like to hear from people who have installed CAP60 on DECstation
3100's under Ultrix 4.0 or 4.1, especially those who use Ethertalk rather
than IPTalk.

I also would like to hear from people who have a working distribution of RPC
properly installed on the above platform so I can find out what I need to do
to get past this hurdle. (E.g., can I just install RPCSRC 4.0 from any
Internet archive site that has it?  Are there any conflicts with other
software or DEC modifications that I need to be aware of?)

Thanks in advance.
--
Dave Dittrich
dittrich at u.washington.edu     ...!uw-beaver!u.washington.edu!dittrich